> Top (this page)
July 12-13, 2013
Algorithms and Computation
July 12 - 13, 2013
Kyonggi University, Suwon, Korea
- (July 11)
Check out the last piece of information on WAAC 2013.
Every participant will be able to have a hard copy of it on site, too. See you soon!.
- (July 9) Check out how to get to the workshop site.
- (June 26) Pre-registration is still available! And more rooms at Hotel Castle are available!
- (June 19) Program(tentative) is now up.
- (June 10) Some travel information is added.
- (June 1)
Pre-registration is open.
Pre-registration is strongly recommended by June 25
- (May 20) Submission deadline extended to May 29, 23:59 (GMT+9)
The aim of this workshop is to provide a forum for researchers working on algorithms and the theory of computation, to promote the exchange of recent results, to foster new collaborations among researchers. Historically, the workshop has established for the purpose of collaboration of researchers of Japan and Korea; however, participation from any country is welcome.
The workshop is organized by the Special Interest Group on Theoretical Computer Science (SIGTCS) of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers (KIISE) and the Special Interest Group on Algorithms (SIGAL) of the Information Processing Society of Japan.
- Automata, languages and computability
- Algorithms (combinatorial/graph/geometric/randomized)
- VLSI and parallel algorithms
- Networks and distributed algorithms
- Learning theory and data mining
- Number theory and cryptography
- Graph drawing and visualization
- Computational logic
- Combinatorics and optimization
|Paper submission deadline:|| |
|Notification of acceptance:||June 8, 2013|
|Final version submission:||June 16, 2013|
|Conference:||July 12-13, 2013|
2F General Lecture Building(),
San 94-6 Yiui-dong, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon, 443-760 South Korea
You can click the map to see a larger one.
Check out our guide to how to get to the workshop site.
Kyonggi University is located in the eastern region of Suwon. Once you get in Suwon city, the best way is to take a taxi. It's relatively cheap (at most KRW 10,000 from anywhere in Suwon).
>> The details to access Kyonggi University
Suwon city is located 30km south of Seoul. There are many bus or train connections to Suwon from Incheon Airport, Gimpo Airport, and other central places of Seoul.
>> The official website of Suwon City
A recommended route from Incheon/Gimpo Airports is by bus.
Take a bus for "Suwon" and get off its destination "Hotel Castle" from either airport.
The bus line is quite frequent and the quickest way to get in east Suwon.
- From Incheon Airport (80mins): Bus Stop No. 7B at the Arrival Floor
- From Gimpo Airport (90mins): Bus Stop No. 1 (at 2F, International Terminal) or Bus Stop No. 11-3 (at Domestic Terminal)
- Incheon/Gimpo Airport to Seoul Station: by AREX(Airport Express) line
- Seoul Station to Suwon Station: by KORAIL or Subway Line 1. Subway Map
- 144-4, Uman-dong, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Tel. +82-31-211-6666
Closest to the workshop site and just next to the Airport Limousine Terminal.
A shuttle bus will drive you to the workshop site in the morning on July 12 and 13.
Reduced room fare for WAAC 2013 participants:
|Standard Double:||132,000 KRW (tax included)|
|Deluxe Double (1 king bed):||165,000 KRW (tax included)|
|Deluxe Twin (1 double bed & 1 single bed):||165,000 KRW (tax included)|
To book a room at Hotel Castle at this reduced rate for WAAC 2013,
send an email directly to email@example.com
with subject "[WAAC 2013] Room Reservation" including your information about:
- First name
- Family name
- Number of guests
- Room type (Standard Double, Deluxe Double/Twin, some Suites available)
- Check-in and check-out date
- Any other request
There are a couple of other choices.
Ramada Plaza Suwon
- 940, Ingye-dong, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Tel. +82-31-230-0001
- 1132-12, Ingye-dong, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Tel. +82-31-230-5000
The map below is being incrementally updated. So check the map just before departure.
It now shows the locations of the workshop site, hotels and remarkable sites with description.
View Official Map for WAAC 2013 in a larger map
Hee-Kap Ahn, POSTECH, Korea
|Sang Won Bae||(Kyonggi University, Korea)|
|Takuya Kida||(Hokkaido University, Japan)|
|Sung-Ryul Kim||(Konkuk University, Korea); Co-chair|
|Inbok Lee||(Korea Aerospace University, Korea)|
|Mun-Kyu Lee||(Inha University, Korea)|
|Hee Jin Park||(Hanyang University, Korea)|
|Chan-Su Shin||(Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Korea)|
|Yasuyuki Shirai||(JST-ERATO, Japan)|
|Yasuo Tabei||(JST-ERATO, Japan)|
|Takeaki Uno||(National Institute of Informatics, Japan); Co-chair|
|Sang Won Bae||(Kyonggi University, Korea)|
|Hyo-Sil Kim||(GAIA, POSTECH, Korea)|
|Sung-Ryul Kim||(Konkuk University, Korea)|
- WAAC 2012: July 10-11, 2012, National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan
- WAAC 2011: July 8-9, 2011, Hanwha Resort, Busan, Korea
- WAAC 2010: July 23-24, 2010, Kanazawa Culture Hall, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
- WAAC 2009: July 4-5, 2009, Kookmin University, Seoul, Korea
- WAAC 2008: July 19-20, 2008, Fukuoka, Japan
- WAAC 2007: August 9-10, 2007, at Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea
- WAAC 2006: July 4-5, 2006, at Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
- WAAC 2005: August 12-13, 2005, at Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
- WAAC 2003: July 3-4, 2003, at Sendai City Information & Industry Plaza, Sendai, Japan
- WAAC 2001: June 28-29, 2001, at Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea
- WAAC 2000: July 21-22, 2000, at University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- WAAC 1999: July 19-20, 1999, at Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- WAAC 1997: July 25-26, 1997, at Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
- WAAC 1996: August 23-24, 1996, at KAIST, Taejon, Korea
- WAAC 1995: July 20-21, 1995, at Osaka Electro-Communication University, Japan